Ridiculously cold temperatures and snowy stormy weather affect everybody but in particular;
1. People with any form of Arthritis and other joint pains
2. People with slipped / herniated discs and scoliosis/kyphosis
3. People who suffer cramping back muscles through stress and reductions in temperature
4. People with current undiagnosed loss of feeling and intense pain in their hands and are currently waiting on further neurology tests and hand physio
5. Migraine sufferers
6. Psoriasis sufferers where your skin comes out almost instantly in red blotches all over
7. All the poor bastards who suffer all of the above. AKA muggins over here.
The Beast from the East / Snow Storm Emma is in full force here in the UK, and I thought I was doing pretty well… until the boiler in our flat broke last night! I meannnn I’m often one to exaggerate slightly I’ll admit. But I’ve NEVER woken up from brain freeze at 3am and had to sleep in a ridiculous amount of layers! Even the electric blanket was barely doing its job. There was a full on breeze in our bathroom.
So with no heating and no hot water in the flat, Wayne left for work and I managed to escape to the lovely Dalhousie coffee shop in Crystal Palace (after skidding my way up the icy hill) and got a few hours’ work done. But I was in absolute agony with my joints, especially my hands, so I had to give up mid afternoon and make my way home. I also had no idea that that’s where all of south London’s babies seem to meet for their mid-morning cry-fest. Not ideal for conference calls (sorry again team!)
Sadly, we were supposed be heading down to Devon for the weekend to celebrate my Aunt’s birthday as a surprise, but with more snow forecast and the UK on red alert, it was never going to happen. So, Wayne and I have packed up our things and are heading to my Dad’s to seek some refuge and enjoy some central heating which I will never take for granted again!
Stay warm everyone!